The Vestrymen love the comic books, that’s no secret, but perhaps you didn’t realize that we, like many of the kids these days, are also down with the rock and roll music? I bet you did not!
- Blue Hell Austin Leonard Jones 2:02
- Kid Ghastly Spats 2:59
- Landlock Everlone 3:08
- Street corner throwdown Blake Fleming 3:28
- TV Dinner Hiiragi Fukuda 5:59
- Bollywood Blades Professor Kliq 3:11
- Wedding March for a Bullet Diablo Swing Orchestra 3:14
- Mono Lenin Lennon 2:22
- Season In Hell Marine Dreams 2:52
- Keg Baseball Centz 2:37
- The Watchers Evils That Never Came 4:02
- Floss Suffers From Gamma Radiation Blue Ducks 1:48
- Can't Tell What's Real Terror Bird 3:17
Not only do we love music, but we love music released under creative commons license terms that allow us to showcase it in our podcast. Because we love to drop the beats for y’all.
We gather the music for the podcast from a variety of sources, but we are huge fans of a project called The Free Music Archive. FMA is a library that allows artists to make their music available in a free setting while specifying license terms based on the creative commons model. What that means, in the simplest terms possible, is that there is one place where we can go to get legal music to fill up our podcast with pretty noises while helping to promote artists who share our beliefs about how intellectual property should be handled. Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the simplest terms possible, but it was definitely some terms.
We got to thinking, well, music is great and stuff but it’s a bummer that it’s all tied up with this silly podcast. Even worse, most of it only gets played in 30 second bits! Well, no need to fear, intrepid listeners. To ensure that all these artists get as much exposure as possible, we’re going to compile everything that we’ve used during the preceding month and make a sweet, sweet mix tape for your listening pleasure.
- Austin Leonard Jones– “Blue Hell”
- Music for stoned cowboys.
- Ghastly Spats– “Kid”
- Australia is so punk rock.
- Professor Kliq– “Bollywood Blades”
- A brimful of asha on the 33s.
- Diablo Swing Orchestra– “Wedding March for a Bullet”
- This band is Sweden’s last, best hope.
- Lenin Lennon– “Mono”
- Newcastle sludge with a side of the best name.
- Marine Dreams– “Season in Hell”
- For people didn’t enjoy track 5.
- Centz Beats– “Keg Baseball”
- Keg baseball sounds like a terrible idea.
- Evils That Never Came– “The Watchers”
- Like Spoon, but cooler because you haven’t heard of them.
- Blue Ducks– “Floss Suffers from Gamma Radiation”
- Chosen for thematic name and sweet breaks.
- Terror Bird– “Can’t Tell What’s Real”
- Goth never goes out of style. Ever.
- Everlone– “Landlock”
- Music that sounds like Portland.
- Blake Fleming– “Street Corner Throwdown”
- Pop drum beats for your head, son.
- Hiiragi Fukuda– “TV Dinner”
- This song is my happy place.